Just a quick update on how things are going:
- Grandma quit talking for a couple of days. Only grunts, moans, and cries for a while, but she’s back to words now. They don’t always make sense, but at least they are there.
- She took a swing at me with a plunger yesterday. In her defense, I did deserve it-I stopped her from putting Effordent into her socks.
- Rowan spent most of yesterday at his friend’s house, riding bikes, playing hide and seek, and chasing Carlton. Carlton is a duck. He’s a little white duck that I want to hold and cuddle and squish and dress up. Carlton doesn’t like me much.
- One of my dad’s brother’s got into town yesterday, the other one is getting here today. My dad and my uncle dressed their mother, spoon fed her, and sat with her for hours yesterday. If I raise my son to be HALF the man my dad and uncles are, Rowan will be a spectacular human being.
- We had to put the dog down yesterday. The timing was awful, and Rowan sobbed and sobbed, which led to my sobbing. It was a mess.
- It’s been a rotten week, but I have never been more proud to be a part of this family. We’re not perfect, but my goodness, we step up when it’s needed. We swallow our pride and dignity. We lose sleep. We don’t eat. We put other’s needs before our own. We work together as a team, and we love. We love deeply and strongly and completely.
- I am blessed.